Many youth soccer players wear cleats that don’t fit properly. This can hurt their performance and make injuries more likely. When buying soccer cleats for your child, focus on getting the right size and fit. Also consider the materials, stud pattern for the playing surface, and amount of support needed for their skill level.
Well-fitted cleats can improve any player’s game, whether they’re just starting out or already very skilled. This guide recommends youth soccer cleats that offer comfort, durability and style. Players with wider feet should look for cleats specifically designed for wide feet so they can play their best. Adidas makes high-quality youth cleats that combine technology and design.
Since teens grow quickly, adjustable cleats are important to maintain good fit and avoid discomfort. Players focused on speed and agility can benefit from lightweight cleats. Cleats with a wider design provide enough room for wide feet while still allowing good ball control.
Top 10 Best Rated Youth Soccer Cleats
Your selection of the best soccer cleats for youth can make a significant difference in your child’s game, so let’s explore the top picks for 2023.
Best Youth Soccer Cleats for Wide Feet
Nike Mercurial Vapor 14 Elite FG
If your child has wider feet, the Nike Mercurial Vapor 14 Elite soccer cleats are often recommended. They have a generous fit while still being lightweight and nimble, which is important for young soccer players. These cleats feature breathable mesh material that wraps around the foot for comfort during games. The cleats also have a traction zone on the bottom to help players accelerate and change direction quickly. Nike designed these cleats specifically for youth players’ needs. So they are a great option that can handle the demands of youth soccer.
- Engineered mesh upper for comfort and breathability
- Aerotrak zone for enhanced traction
- Stiffer chassis for improved responsiveness
- Recognized as the best soccer cleats for wide feet youth
- Lightweight and nimble
- Durable design for rigorous play
- Premium pricing
- Limited color options
- May not suit extremely narrow feet
Adidas Predator 20.1 FG
The Adidas Predator 20.1 soccer cleats are a good option for youth players with wide feet. The textured upper material provides more control of the ball. These cleats have a snug but comfortable fit designed specifically for wider feet. This allows players’ feet to fit naturally without squeezing into a too-narrow cleat.
Adidas engineered these cleats to improve ball control and handling precision on the field. So they are some of the best Adidas youth soccer cleats available.
The Predator 20.1 cleats also offer good support and durability. The sole grips firm ground well for better traction when cutting, sprinting or kicking. These high-performance cleats are designed to match the demands of youth soccer. So they are a top-rated option for teen players.
- Control-enhancing textured upper
- Designed for wide feet
- Firm ground soleplate
- Excellent fit for wide feet, making them some of the best soccer cleats for wide feet youth
- Superior ball control, ranking them as some of the best youth soccer cleats for speed
- Durable construction, a key feature in the best soccer cleats for youth players
- May be priced higher than some alternatives, but they are still regarded as the best wide soccer cleats youth can find
- Limited color options compared to other models, yet they remain among the best youth soccer cleats for wide feet
- Can be heavier than other youth cleats, but their performance justifies their ranking as the best youth soccer cleats for speed
PUMA Future 2.3 Netfit FG/AG
The PUMA Future 2.3 Netfit soccer cleats are designed to accommodate wider feet. They have an adjustable Netfit lace system that lets you customize the fit for your foot shape. This provides maximum comfort during games.
These cleats combine a form-fitting textile upper with a lightweight bottom. This makes them quick on the field yet stable. So they are a top option for youth players focused on speed.
The Netfit system ensures a roomy fit so wider feet don’t feel cramped or uncomfortable. And the cleats still provide the latest technology. For youth players needing extra width, these are some of the best Adidas options.
- Netfit lace technology
- Form-fitting textile upper
- Lightweight TPU outsole
- Suitable for firm ground (FG) and artificial grass (AG)
- Customizable fit, ideal for the best wide soccer cleats youth
- Enhanced comfort and stability, earning the title of best rated youth soccer cleats
- Versatile for various playing surfaces, making them the best soccer cleats for youth players
- Limited color options may not appeal to those searching for the best soccer cleats for teens
- Higher price point compared to basic models, but justified as they are considered what are the best youth soccer cleats
- May require a break-in period to achieve the perfect fit for the best youth soccer cleats for speed
New Balance Furon v6+ FG
The New Balance Furon v6+ soccer cleats are a top pick for youth players with wider feet. They offer a comfortable fit along with explosive speed – both important for young players. The cleats have a broader design specifically made to fit wider foot shapes.
The Furon v6+ cleats feature a lightweight mesh upper with a FantomFit frame for snug support. This allows feet to breathe during games. The clean kicking zone helps players strike the ball precisely. These features make the Furon v6+ some of the highest rated youth soccer cleats.
The cleats also have a stiff soleplate that translates energy into efficient motion. This makes them great for speed and explosive sprints or turns during games. For firm ground play, these are trusted cleats that accommodate wide youth feet.
- FantomFit frame
- Lightweight mesh upper
- Clean lace contact zone
- Designed for firm ground (FG)
- Comfortable for wide feet, ranking high among the best soccer cleats for teens
- Excellent support and breathability, a must for the best soccer cleats for youth
- Enhanced striking zone, making them a top choice for what are the best youth soccer cleats
- May not be suitable for very narrow feet, which is something to consider when looking for the best adidas youth soccer cleats or other brands
- Premium pricing, although many believe the investment is worth it for the best youth soccer cleats for wide feet
Best Adidas Youth Soccer Cleats
Adidas Uniforia FG Youth
The Adidas Uniforia soccer cleats are considered top youth options. They provide great traction to develop young players’ agility. As some of the best Adidas youth cleats, they combine performance, style and comfort.
The lightweight synthetic upper material molds to feet for a snug fit. This is key when picking cleats for youth. The Uniforia cleats also have a cushioned insole for comfort during games.
The durable sole grips natural grass fields well. This allows quick turns and sprints, making them great for speed. So they rank as high-quality youth cleats.
However, these likely won’t fit wide feet best. But for players without wide feet, the Uniforia cleats are still among the best youth options. They offer performance and comfort.
- Lightweight synthetic upper
- Firm ground outsole
- Cushioned insole
- Exceptional traction, making them some of the best soccer cleats for youth
- Comfortable fit, highly regarded as the best adidas youth soccer cleats
- Stylish design, a characteristic of the best soccer cleats for teens
- Limited color options
- May not be the best soccer cleats for wide feet youth
- Premium pricing, but justified as they’re among the best rated youth soccer cleats
Adidas Copa Mundial 21 FG
The Adidas Copa Mundial 21 soccer cleats have a legacy of quality. They are often considered top youth cleats because of their durability and performance. The refined design feels great for developing young players starting out, earning these cleats a high rating.
The premium leather upper molds comfortably to feet for exceptional control. So they accommodate wider youth feet well. The firm ground sole also grips natural grass to enable quick turns and sprints for speedy players.
These well-made cleats are built to last so young players won’t need replacements soon. Adidas is known for top-quality youth cleats. The Copa Mundial 21s offer a comfortable, adaptive fit and great traction that ranks them as a leading wide cleat option.
- Premium leather upper
- Firm ground outsole
- Classic design
- Durable construction
- Comfortable, adaptive fit, suitable for the best wide soccer cleats youth
- Excellent traction, making them the best soccer cleats for wide feet youth
- Higher price point, but justified as they’re considered the best youth soccer cleats
- Limited color options
- May require break-in period
Adidas X Speedflow.3 Firm Ground
The Adidas X Speedflow.3 soccer cleats are a top youth option for players wanting speed and agility. The lightweight mesh upper material molds to feet for a snug fit to help you outrun others.
These Adidas youth cleats have a low-cut design and Clawcollar to lock in feet for stability during fast moves. This makes them some of the highest rated youth cleats. The sole has a stud pattern ideal for firm, natural grass. This provides traction for quick turns and sprints.
With advanced technology for speed, the Speedflow.3 cleats help youth players dominate games, not just play them. Their performance features also make them ideal cleats for teens.
- Lightweight mesh upper, suitable for the best youth soccer cleats for wide feet
- Low-cut Clawcollar, ideal for the best soccer cleats for wide feet youth
- TPU firm ground outsole
- Optimized stud configuration for the best wide soccer cleats youth
- Enhances speed and agility, making them the best youth soccer cleats for speed
- Secure, comfortable fit, a feature of the best youth soccer cleats
- Excellent traction on firm ground, a hallmark of the best soccer cleats for youth
- May not be the best youth soccer cleats for very wide feet
- Limited color options compared to other models
- Higher price point for what are considered the best youth soccer cleats
Best Youth Soccer Cleats for Speed
Nike Phantom GT2 Elite FG
The Nike Phantom GT2 Elite soccer cleats are considered top youth options for speed. Their lightweight design maximizes a player’s pace on the field. The innovative construction and snug fit make them highly responsive for firm ground play. This gives them a high rating as youth cleats.
The cleats have a traction pattern allowing quick cuts and bursts of speed to stay ahead of opponents. The Flyknit upper and textured pattern enable excellent control when moving fast. The off-center laces expand the kicking zone for cleaner shots.
So the Phantom GT2 Elites give players unmatched speed and performance. However, they may not fit wider feet well. Players needing more room should look for cleats specifically made for wide feet. But for most youth players focused on speed, these Nike cleats deliver.
- Flyknit upper with textured pattern
- Off-center lacing system
- Firm-ground (FG) traction pattern
- Lightweight design for speed, making them some of the best youth soccer cleats for speed
- Snug, supportive fit, placing them among the best soccer cleats for youth
- Enhanced ball control
- Premium price point
- May not be the best soccer cleats for wide feet youth
- Limited colorways available
PUMA ULTRA 1.3 FG/AG Youth
The lightweight PUMA ULTRA 1.3 soccer cleats help youth players sprint fast across the field. Their aerodynamic design and materials maximize speed. The MATRYXEVO upper technology provides support without added weight, which is key for youth cleats.
The sole grips well on firm, natural grass and artificial turf. This makes the cleats versatile for different field types, earning them a top rating. Players can dash past others with confidence knowing these Puma cleats are made to create a speed advantage. That’s crucial for what teens need in quality cleats.
- Featherlight construction, making them some of the best soccer cleats for youth
- MATRYXEVO technology in the upper for the best wide soccer cleats youth experience
- Suitable for FG/AG surfaces, ideal for those looking for the best youth soccer cleats for wide feet
- Enhances speed with a lightweight design, ranking them among the best youth soccer cleats for speed
- Provides a supportive fit, often considered when choosing the best soccer cleats for wide feet youth
- Offers versatility for different pitches, a factor in what are the best youth soccer cleats
- May not be as durable as heavier cleats, but still often rated as the best soccer cleats for youth
- Premium technology might come at a higher price point, which is expected for the best adidas youth soccer cleats
- Specific fit may not suit all foot shapes, important to consider for those needing the best youth soccer cleats for wide feet
Nike Mercurial Superfly 8 Elite KM FG
The Nike Mercurial Superfly 8 Elite soccer cleats are considered top youth options for their unmatched speed. The minimalist design uses lightweight yarn to keep feet locked in for explosive moves. This makes them ideal for pace. The forefoot zone gives responsive traction for quick sprints, earning them a top rating.
The collar allows the foot and ankle to move together comfortably without slowing players down – key for youth. So whether teens are breaking past defenders or striking the ball, these cleats enhance a fast-paced game. Their advanced technology optimizes speed and control.
- High-tenacity yarn construction
- Aerotrak zone for enhanced traction
- Dynamic fit collar for a seamless fit
- Ultra-lightweight for maximum speed, ranking as some of the best youth soccer cleats for speed
- Superior lockdown for a secure fit, making them a top choice for the best soccer cleats for youth players
- Responsive traction optimized for firm ground
- Premium pricing tier
- May have a break-in period for optimal comfort, a consideration when choosing the best youth soccer cleats
- Limited colorway options
When buying youth soccer cleats, consider both size and fit – not just size. Cleats for wide feet should fit comfortably without needing to break them in. Adidas makes popular quality youth cleats that last.
Match the stud pattern to where your child plays – firm ground fields, artificial turf or soft ground. Also factor in skill level and position to find cleats enhancing performance. Have your player try both shoes for fit. Wide feet need cleats with a wider toe box.
Speed-focused players need lightweight cleats with traction for quick movements. Top-rated youth cleats blend light weight with grip. Teen cleats must accommodate rapidly growing feet with support and comfort.
Determining The Right Fit
Properly fitted soccer cleats are key for youth players’ swift movements. There should be about a thumb’s width between the front toes and shoe tip to allow growth and foot motion. But heels must fit tightly to avoid slippage in wide cleats.
Choose comfort from the start since modern materials don’t stretch much. Note leather stretches more than synthetic materials in Adidas cleats. Cleats shouldn’t pinch or have excess room in the width. Well-fitted cleats like speed-focused options enhance performance, prevent blisters and support healthy feet.
Teen cleats should balance comfort and agility. Wide cleats need to match unique foot shapes. Quality youth cleats encourage natural pivot motions. Ask what top cleat styles offer to ensure high-performance safety gear for young athletes.
Understanding Stud Patterns Based on Playing Surface
Once you find quality youth cleats, choose the right stud pattern for where they’ll play – firm natural grass, artificial turf or soft, muddy fields. FG cleats have versatile studs to grip grass, making them top youth options. Wide feet need a comfortable fit. AG cleats with shorter studs are best for artificial turf, reducing injury risk and wear.
For wet fields, SG cleats with longer, removable studs provide extra traction that benefits speed. Consider quality brands like Adidas with studs for conditions.
Don’t mix up stud types. SG on hard ground can be dangerous. FG on soft ground can cause slipping. Match the shoe to the field surface for best play. For wide feet, look for roomy youth fits. Teen cleats require supportive growth room. The best youth cleats have good fit, traction and support on any surface.
Considering Skill Level And Position For Necessary Features
After picking the right studs, consider skill level and field position. Then pick features to enhance speed, control or power. Speedy wingers need lightweight cleats for pace and agility. Midfield controllers should get textured uppers for ball control. Defenders and goalkeepers require power and stability from reinforced construction. All positions demand good fit – wide feet need roomy youth options.
Quality youth cleats like Adidas build confidence by meeting needs. Teen or wide-foot cleats offer specific features. Speed cleats assist quick runs. But the best overall youth cleats support any position. Getting the right performance fit lifts young players’ abilities up across the pitch.
Trying on Both Feet to Ensure Comfort
Have young players try on both cleats, even if their size is known. Feet often differ in size or width, making wide options important. Wear athletic socks when trying on quality cleats for an accurate fit.
Walk and jog in potential cleats to check comfort. There should be about a thumb’s width between the toes and shoe tip. Speed-focused players may prefer lightweight styles. Proper fit, like in Adidas brands, is critical for play and fun.
Wide feet require snug but roomy youth cleats. Teens need supportive and flexible growth room. The best cleats fit comfort, style and performance needs. Wide soccer cleat options accommodate varying foot shapes so every young athlete finds their match.
Getting Properly Sized By Having Feet Measured Rather Than Just Relying on General Shoe Size
Before buying the latest youth cleats, it’s vital to have your child’s feet measured properly. Don’t rely only on general shoe size. Feet can vary in dimensions due to growth or brand fit differences. This is especially important when seeking wide cleats for comfort and blister prevention.
Visit a sporting goods store for accurate fittings and advice on ideal youth cleat models. If your child has wide feet, specialized Adidas wide options may work well. Remember, proper fit can significantly impact soccer experience. So measure correctly when buying.
Additionally, selecting supportive teen cleats directly influences performance. Whether seeking comfortable wide fits or quick speed cleats, the right choice can be game changing.
When shopping, take time to find the best cleats for your child’s play style and foot shape. This attention to detail provides confidence and success on the field. Don’t settle for just any pair.
Prioritizing Growing Room to Allow For a Full Season’s Use
Since kids’ feet grow fast, choose youth cleats allowing room to fit all season. For wide or Adidas cleats, look for options with some growth space without being loose. About a thumb’s width between the toes and shoe tip leaves comfort and growth room. But don’t overestimate size as oversized cleats can hinder performance and cause injury, even for teens.
Also opt for adjustable features like laces or Velcro straps to maintain snug fits during foot growth for support and durability – key for wide styles. Speed focused cleats ensure quick, confident movement too. Researching top rated youth cleats is an investment in a child’s sports future. The right soccer cleats can make a real difference.
Comparing Prices From Different Retailers to Find Best Deals
Compare retailers online and in-store before buying youth cleats. Online sites like Amazon often have good prices on top-rated styles. But also check specialty sports websites or brand sales for exclusive deals on speed options.
Factor in online shipping when budgeting. A bargain price may increase after shipping fees. Physical stores can sometimes price match if asked, so research deals on wide or quality cleats.
Sign up for retailer newsletters about sales and alerts. You can then score discounts on brands like Adidas or wide fits. Get the most value when buying teen or wide soccer cleats. With some research, you can find budget-friendly cleats for young athletes.