If you have wide feet and are in need of soccer cleats that provide a comfortable and secure fit, you’ve come to the right place. Finding the best wide foot soccer cleats can be challenging, but it’s crucial for both performance and comfort on the field.
Having the right fit can enhance your agility, speed, and overall playing experience. Fortunately, many major soccer cleat brands offer options specifically designed for wider feet. Nike, Adidas, Puma, and Under Armour are some of the top brands known for their wide cleat offerings. These brands understand the importance of providing options for players with wider feet, ensuring that everyone can find the perfect cleat to match their unique foot shape.
Stay tuned to discover the best wide foot soccer cleats of 2023.
10 Best Wide Soccer Cleats
Are you in need of wide foot soccer cleats? Look no further, as we’ve compiled a list of the top recommended products for you.
#1 Nike Mercurial Superfly 7 Elite FG Wide
The Mercurial Superfly 7 Elite FG Wide is the latest iteration of Nike’s fast and aggressive speed cleats, featuring a supple Flyknit upper equipped with a 3D texture layer to significantly amplify touch and control. The high-tensile Ghost lacing system integrated underfoot offers a supportive lockdown fit while the contoured carbon fiber sole plate provides responsive traction.
- Flyknit upper with 3D texture for amplified control
- High-tensile “Ghost” yarn woven in for durability
- ACC coating helps grip ball in all conditions
- Internal chassis provides midfoot stability
- Full-length contoured sockliner
- Chevron studs – 6 front, 4 heel blades
- Runs true to size
- Snug midfoot lockdown
- Excellent touch and ball control
- Aggressive traction for quick cuts
- Lightweight, supportive without restrictions
- Can take time to break in fully
- Stud pressure may bother some
#2 Adidas Copa 20.1 Firm Ground Wide
The Copa 20.1 Firm Ground Wide from adidas utilizes a famously soft K-Leather upper for an exquisitely glove-like fit and feel on the ball. The snug tongue and heel lining cradle the foot securely while the stud configuration grips firm natural grass pitches. Stability and dexterity make it a versatile option.
- Soft, supple K-Leather upper
- Snug tongue sits atop foot securely
- Cushioned heel lining
- Non-removable foam sockliner
- Conical/triangular stud combo
- Runs half size small
- Snug fit especially in forefoot
- Glove-like touch on the ball
- Secure heel and midfoot lockdown
- Provides stability on firm ground
- Break-in period required
- Too narrow in forefoot for some
#3 New Balance 442 Firm Ground Wide
New Balance infuses the 442 model with premium supple K-Leather specially engineered to accommodate wider foot variations. The perforated tongue allows crucial breathability while the bladed heel studs supply grip and control. An excellent choice for players needing more volume through the metatarsals.
- Premium K-Leather upper wraps foot securely
- Perforated mono tongue increases breathability
- Padded ankle collar provides heel lockdown
- Die-cut EVA sockliner supports foot, absorbs impact
- Bladed heel studs optimize stability and control
- Conical studs have surface gripping edges for traction and release
- Accommodates wider fit through forefoot and midfoot
- Snug heel and ankle collar lockdown
- Runs half size large
- Soft, supple leather upper for excellent ball touch
- Secure lockdown and stability in the heel
- Die-cut sockliner matches shape of foot
- Leather can overstretch if not broken in gradually
- Lace loops tend to wear quickly
- Stud pressure apparent at first
#4 Puma Future 5.1 Netfit FG/AG Wide
Puma revolutionizes adaptability with the Future 5.1 NetFit FG/AG Wide featuring a mesh-based upper augmented by a midfoot support cage for structural integrity. An external plastic heel counter improves Achilles lockdown while the Pebax outsole tuned with firm studs handles varied turf conditions.
- Lightweight mesh-based Netfit upper adapts to foot
- Support cage in lacing area immobilizes midfoot
- Low-profile external heel counter for Achilles lock
- Ortholite removable foam sockliner
- Pebax outsole with stiff studs for grip
- True to size fit
- Mid and forefoot roomy
- Snug in heel and ankle
- Netfit upper adjusts for wide variations
- Great traction and support
- Flexibility in forefoot
- Mesh may overstretch
- Minimal protection
#5 Under Armour Magnetico Pro FG Wide
The Magnetico Pro FG Wide leverages a compression-fit upper to mold tightly around the foot for a precisely contoured wear. A burrito-style tongue wrap intensifies midfoot security and bladed heel studs dig aggressively into grass. Traction and control unite for quick cuts and acceleration.
- Compression upper molds to locks down foot
- Burrito tongue layer secures midfoot
- Die-cut EVA sockliner matched to foot shape
- Bladed heel studs for optimal grip
- Tri-bladed studs in forefoot maximize control
- Slightly narrow through midfoot
- Order half size up
- Compression feel for responsiveness
- Clean strike surface
- Aggressive multi-surface traction
- Can be overly narrow for some
- Lacks padding
#6 Mizuno Rebula 3 Elite Wide
Mizuno’s Rebula 3 Elite Wide competes as top tier kangaroo leather option featuring supple Y-1 premium quality construction for excellent pliability right out of the box. A central lacing design opens up the forefoot strike zone and the contoured lightweight sockliner improves comfort. An ideal fit for wide feet requiring a softer touch and feel across the upper vamp.
- Supple Y-1 Quality Premium leather upper
- Central lacing for bigger strike zone
- Lightly padded tongue and ankle lining
- Removable contoured insole
- Firm Ground stud configuration
- Runs half size small
- Roomy in forefoot
- Snug heel for lockdown
- Soft, plush feel through forefoot
- Moves smoothly with foot
- Secure fit across middle
- Durability concerns on upper
- Exposed midfoot seams
#7 Asics DS Light X-Fly 3 K Wide
The Asics DS Light X-Fly 3 K Wide supplies players needing volume accommodation with a Mono-tongue upper improving forefoot maneuverability. Rear and mid foot stability components guide the foot securely from heel strike to toe-off while the tuned traction of the AHAR+ outsole grips in all conditions. A durable option adaptable to a wide range of foot shapes.
- Mono-Tongue construction reduces bulk
- Full ground contact for stability
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning
- DuoMax support system reinforces arch
- AHAR+ outsole compound has tuned stud shape
- Accommodates wide variations
- Runs half size large overall
- Adaptability through midfoot
- Targeted cushioning and support
- Durable traction and grip
- Stiffness through break-in period
- Excess heel slippage for some
#8 Diadora Brasil Italy K Pro 2 Wide
Diadora adds width options to the popular Brasil range featuring soft supple calfskin leather with a central lacing design opening the vamp and a comfortable anti-shock die cut sockliner inside. Integrated Torsion bars optimize stud pressure distribution for solid traction and floor contact balanced with responsiveness to cuts and moves across the firm ground pitch.
- Soft, supple full grain calfskin leather
- Central lacing for larger strike zone
- Die-cut EVA anti-shock sockliner
- Torsion bars optimize stud pressure
- Net Breathing System liner
- High volume, wide toe box
- True to size length
- Midfoot runs narrow
- Buttery soft touch on the ball
- Roomy accommodating toe box
- Good stud pressure distribution
- Durability of upper a concern
- Lack of heel lockdown
#9 Lotto Zhero Gravity X VII 200 FG Wide
The Lotto Zhero Gravity showcases an elasticized upper with strategically zoned stretch capacity to naturally accommodate wider foot proportions. A perforated Micro-Mesh vamp with grip texture aids control while the supportive heel lining and external counter secure fit. Lightweight with a focus on flexible adaptability.
- Stretch mesh upper material
- External heel counter for stability
- Shock-absorbing midsole
- Tri-bladed heel studs
- Conical front studs
- Stretch accommodates width
- Runs half size small
- Snug heel and ankle
- Forgiving adjustable upper
- Secure heel lockdown
- Thin upper sacrifices protection
- Mesh retains water
#10 Nike Phantom GT2 Elite Wide
Nike fully furnishes the Phantom GT2 Elite Wide with a high volume QuadFit mesh-based upper augmented by an internal Ghost lacing harness for a supremely sock-like fit feeling. Full ground contact and a carbon chassis amp up stiffness while injected cushioning softens landings. Serious traction and containment help maximize the athlete’s cutting speed and range.
- Quadfit mesh provides dynamic lockdown
- Ghost lacing under mesh secures fit
- Full-length cushioned sockliner
- Carbon chassis increases stiffness
- Chevron stud configuration
- High volume toe box
- True to size
- Integrated lacing for custom fit
- Supremely comfortable, secure fit
- Explosive traction and control
- Durable, premium construction
- Less protection on medial toes
- Rigid feel lacks flexibility
Also Read: The Best Soccer Cleats of 2023
Buying properly fitting wide cleats is essential for both comfort and performance on the pitch. With a crowded market featuring various shapes and features, knowing what to look for in wide soccer cleats can make finding the ideal pair much simpler. This buying guide covers the key considerations when selecting wide cleats to meet your specific foot needs.
Determining Your Foot Width And Size
First, accurately determine the width and dimensions of your feet. While most shoes follow standard D/medium and 4E/extra wide sizing, soccer cleats tend to use wider-volume lasts. Be sure to have your feet sized and traced for accurate comparisons against sizing charts.
Consider Upper Material And Structures
Synthetic uppers with woven textures add stretch while leathers form to feet over time at the expense of lessgive. Look for anatomical shaping and contours in the pattern and supportive elements like internal chassis that won’t restrict.
Evaluate Fit And Lockdown Elements
You want no gapping between the upper and your foot, especially in the heel which must be locked in tight. Integrated lacing systems, off-center lacing, and burrito tongues generate a custom, secure fit through the middle.
Select Removable Sockliners When Possible
Being able to insert your own orthotic insoles enhances comfort and support. Removable liners, especially heat moldable ones, ensure proper foot positioning and prevent excess movement inside cleats.
Take Stud Configuration Into Account
Traction starts from the ground up for acceleration and cutting so wider cleats must distribute stud pressure comfortably along the sole without any high pressure points on feet.
Try On In-Store For Best Assessment
There’s no substitute for physically trying on cleats, feeling points of restriction or gaps in fit and getting a sense of traction patterns underfoot before you buy. Locating wide sizes in-store allows proper assessment.
Break In Your Cleats Gradually
Leather and synthetic materials will stretch to varying degrees so slowly break in your new cleats during practices, incrementally increasing wear time on your feet until they feel comfortable lasting full games.
Care For Your Wide Cleats Properly
Use shoe trees after wear to retain shape and stuff with paper to wick moisture. Clean dirt from the upper gently using soft brushes and cloth rather than running water which can damage structural elements.
Replace Cleats Annually If Needed
Monitor durability and traction over a season of play. Though higher end cleats can last longer if well maintained, replace wide cleats after a year or whenever declining performance necessitates.
Hopefully this buying guide gives you a helpful overview of factors to consider when selecting the best wide soccer cleats to meet your foot-shape needs! Let me know if you need any clarification or have additional questions.